Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Werewolf Running into Print

The Koala takes a short break from her paintbrushes to let you know that 'Werewolf Running', written by that Shona Snowden person, will be appearing in Midnight Echo #3.

Midnight Echo is the magazine of the Australian Horror Writers Association and they even pay. Although it's so little that she has chosen to donate it back to the mag in the hope that they may survive to publish more issues, and thus more of her work...

The Koala read an excerpt from 'Werewolf Running' for Robin's latest voice challenge, right here.

Many nice things were said in the acceptance note, so The Koala is feeling quite smug today.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You sure know how to pick your friends. Tell Shona I said congratulations!

Precie said...

WOOOO, Shona!!!! Excellent!

Whirlochre said...

That Snowden girl is one cool cookie...

Whirlochre said...

customer...I meant customer.

Can't you tell it's 7am here?

But hey — cookie is actually quite good too.

Either way, she's cool.

Sylvia said...

Must be nice to have such prolific friends - great news!

Note: I am backing down from the Koala challenge as I have guests this week, half of whom hate the other half, and I was planning a bbq for 9 this weekend except that now I'm told it'll be 16 and basically I'm dropping every ball that I can possibly drop just to survive until next Wednesday.

Although koala claws at dawn could solve a LOT of the current issues here!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a horror film - Koala Claws at Dawn

Sarah Laurenson said...

I'm up for Koala Claws at Dawn. When's the international release?

Awesome news! (for Shona)

laughingwolf said...

grats on the pub! and thx for the read... you sound as fab as the excerpt ;)

Robin B. said...

This is WONDERFUL news!!!

ssas said...

Well done, Shona!

Chris Eldin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
:-)

You could learn a thing or two from Shona.

McKoala said...

Shona thanks you all!

Phoenix Sullivan said...

I'm late with my congrats, but woo-hoo! *doing the happy dance for Shona*