Saturday, December 12, 2009

A little more Noddy

While making one of my usual hilarious, and yet deep, comments (yes, that's what they are...stupid and trivial - why no, I think you must be mistaking me for somebody else) on Le Blog of Whirl, I inadvertently committed the classic UK Christmas faux pas of giving Noddy Holder/Slade credit for 'I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day', which is, of course, the wondrous work of Wizzard.

With apologies to Noddy, may I introduce you to another work of genius, the sound of Slade, with the granular Noddy at the microphone, and the Christmas sounds of my distant childhood...

3 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

That was the year before my older son was born. God, I'm old!

Whirlochre said...

Nice to see you have the 1983 version.

My Noddy links to the original, which is so shockingly 70s it makes my ear lobes spangle.

All we need now is the Wombles...

Robin B. said...

Wow - I thought I was pretty good with Brit stuff by now, but apparently not. These are new to me!