Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One of my Christmas faves

Putting aside the Boodthirsty Battle of the Bodgy Christmas Tunes just for one moment (just for a moment, Whirl. No, I didn't say it was over. Don't worry. I'll have something special for you tomorrow...) here's one of my Christmas faves.

I remember listening to this in my tiny bedroom at home, on my little blue transistor and thinking, this is just, just, just, so cool. When you consider that my previous ideas of Christmas music came courtesy of Wizzard and Slade, (see below), I think you'll understand.

I give you The Waitresses. And random italics too, apparently.

2 comments:

Robin B. said...

I recognized the voice of the main singer - hadn't realized this was the name of the group that wrote...blah blah blah what boys like, or something like that.

This is a cool Christmas song. My favorite of your picks so far.

Can't wait to finish watching the McK and Whirl showdown!

Whirlochre said...

I missed this one when it first came out, but it's definitely on my list now. Along with Saky, Mel n Kim, The Kinks...

And you can have Greg Lake, btw. I don't need him now.