Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back to blogging nonsense

I'm hearing good things about your progress this month. Who will join me at the top? Wait and see...

Now that we're up and running I may sometimes even talk about other things. Like a little parental bragging. Soccer Boy had his swimming carnival today and came third in breaststroke, fourth in backstroke and narrowly missed the freestyle final. Aw, bless. He also tore up the field at the soccer trials, just waiting to hear which team he gets into, fingers crossed for As or Bs. At school, he's in a composite class this year, with only four of his friends and a much larger younger group. Not ideal, however on the plus side he is enjoying the unexpected pleasure of coming top of the class, which is a whole new experience for him. And to be fair, I suppose he is also ahead of the other four. Go Soccer Boy!

Princess is thriving with a class of new, loyal subjects who think that she's super cool because she's already done Year 1. Luckily for her, they're young enough not to realise that repeating a year is, um, not necessarily a good thing. She's happily leading them in The Way of the Princess. Yesterday she was throwing sticks at poor, long-suffering Soccer Boy while he was trying to eat lunch. Greatly assisted by a posse of her little subjects who thought this was so cool they were running around and picking up sticks for her, so she could stand and fire them at Soccer Boy, machine gun style. It's clearly just a matter of time before Princess and her Mummy will be spending some quality time in the Principal's office.

Happy days!

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Your kids sound great! Congratulations to Soccer Boy!

My lads went to a school where many of the top scholars had been creamed off by the exam system. It was great for my oldest in particular to always be near the top of the class instead of in the middle.

I hope Princess has a good year!

pacatrue said...

The most enjoyable part of being in the Principal's office (well, Vice-Principal) is that she and any teachers sit there looking at you as if they clearly want you to do some obvious thing to correct all behaviors but don't want to say what it is. I got the impression a couple times, they were saying "spank him!" but of course wouldn't say that. Or maybe I'm paranoid.

Congrats to Soccer Boy and Princess for their physical and social achievements so far!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Ah. Congrats all around. Soccer boy for his dolphin-like prowess which translated so well to the field. Princess for her aim. I hope she hit him at least once with all that much ammunition. ;-)

Sibling rivalry - what fun. My brother picked on me quite a lot. And yet, no one else was allowed to.

writtenwyrdd said...

speaking as one with an older brother (9.5 months), I'm sure you son will have his revenge later on (or perhaps she's exacting her own.)

glad they're doing well. I have to laugh at paca's comment. Of course they want you to beat your children; they are so passive agressive, those teachers, lol.

writtenwyrdd said...

Oh, and I am currently at 3 points. Might make more before the end of Feb. And don't count me off in March; I think I can do it, and if not the pressure ought to be useful.

Sylvia said...

They do sound great. And it's always such a relief when things are going well.

(Do not even TALK to me about GCSEs)

Chris Eldin said...

They sound like little koalas in training...
;-)

Too cute!!! I've always wondered if a boy/girl combo would've been easier to parent than a boy/boy, but I don't think any of it is easy.

Robin B. said...

Go, Soccer Boy and Princess!!! Ya little cuties.